Monday, October 03, 2005

Barack rocks

Check out this message to DailyKos activists and tell me this guy doesn't totally rock. His values are in the right place and he seems to understand what it really takes to move a progressive agenda forward. It has been a while since I read a long statement I agreed with so much.

http://obama.senate.gov/blog/050930-tone_truth_and_the_democratic_party/index.html#more

If he was only a few years more experienced, I would say he should be the Democrats' guy in 2008.

Then again, I remember hearing then-Governor Howard Dean speak at the College Democrats convention in 1997 and thinking he was the perfect smart and savvy center-left politician to lead the Democrats to the White House. And I was big into Wesley Clark early in the campaign two years ago.

So my record of picking out future Democratic winners early isn't great.

No comments: