Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thank God for smart conservatives

I don't say this very often, but today's George Will column is really a must read. Liberals can and should protest the Bush administration's disdain and dismissal of the separation of powers and the Constitution, but that argument really carries power when it comes from a conservative who supports the Bush administration's supposed agenda of limited government and respect for the law.

In actuality, Bush very obviously doesn't believe in either. Reading Will's column makes me yearn for a healthy and substantive debate between two sides that respect the Constitution and rule of law, but have disagreements over how much the government should regulate economic and/or social behavior. It seems impossible now that we have a supposedly conservative president who has grown the government and grabbed more power to interfere in Americans' lives than nearly any other President in history.

2 comments:

alberthaanstra said...

Hello friends! Thanks for having me on your great blog today. Blogger is blessed to have you on board! Do you need free debt consolidation? Well, look no further. I help you for free my friend. I have tried and tested all sites But, the best was debt-consolidation.com. So, let me help you. Fill in the form today for free. And be debt free. Get credit repair today!

God Bless you! :)

alberthaanstra said...

Hello friends! Thanks for having me on your great blog today. Blogger is blessed to have you on board! Do you need free debt consolidation? Well, look no further. I help you for free my friend. I have tried and tested all sites But, the best was debt-consolidation.com. So, let me help you. Fill in the form today for free. And be debt free. Get credit repair today!

God Bless you! :)