Monday, July 31, 2006

Allow myself to promote myself

I try to minimize the self-promotion on here. But I realy do feel like we've got some of our best content in a while on Dateline Hollywood this week, so I thought I'd provide links to all of the fresh showbiz-satirizing goodness on Dateline Hollywood this week...

-Woody reviews Miami Vice: Our weekly video review from clueless critic Woody Wittman this week focuses on the new action movie from controversial documentarian Michael Moore.

-GIBSON OPTIONS ANTI-SEMITIC TIRADE FOR NEXT FILM

-PRODUCTION BEGINS ON PAM ANDERSON - KID ROCK SEX VIDEO

-NEW MAGAZINE: 'FORMER BOY BAND MEMBERS FINALLY COME OUT WEEKLY'

-BARTH FROM 'YOU CAN’T DO THAT ON TELEVISION' GETS NEW SERIES

The last one may be my personal favorite, if only because I went onto YouTube and did a lot of "research" on YCDTOTV (aka watching old pirated episodes) that brought back a flood of memories from my too-much-TV-watching youth. That show was really surprisingly sophisticated for an '80s kids TV series. I had forgotten how it was full of meta-commentary on itself. Who knew Nickelodeon was a post-modern programming pioneer?

No comments: