Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Bubba Gump insider speaks!

I have yet to receive an official response from the Bubba Gump company about their insane policy on ice in drinks, but in the comments to my previous post, I got a great insight into their policies from a former employee:

I once upon a time worked at the Times Square BGSC and I am ashamed to admit that I've been that server before. Luckily, the TimesSq branch got smart and started using different glasses for the "no ice" requests.


The BGSC corporation is insane... their policies are completely absurd... For most of the specialty drinks they "automatically" come with the glassware which adds $4-6 to a drink that is packed with ice TWICE while it's made. (Mind you the strongest drink from their "bar" is the Blue Hawaiian with less than an ounce and a half of alcohol)


I also love his or her PS at the end:

p.s. the memorabilia in the restaurants isn't the real stuff from the film (are you kidding? they would never let a restaurant that serves their food on a tray with a newspaper have the real stuff)


The whole sordid story from my Bubba Gump source "PocaRoja" is here.

1 comment:

Joe Mulder said...

That is why I just order beer.

Well, that, and my drinking problem.